Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 7: My adidas shoes are WHITE again :)

In the morning, I had a bachata class with Pipo and Andita from Salsa Caribe dance studios. Pipo showed me some bachata moves and gave me some tips with footwork.

Here is Pipo and Andita dancing bachata:


After class, I met up with Laure and we had coffee at a french cafe close to her shop.  They drink in very small cups.  It's a french thing.. While drinking coffee, several boys selling small art work like painted turtles came to us.  I bought a small turtle and gave it to Laure for helping me out.  Awhile later, 2 boys who had a business cleaning and shining shoes wanted to polish my shoes.  In the Dominican, even if people are poor, the one thing they take pride in and always do is to dress well.. and that includes keeping your shoes clean.  I decided to help the little guys business' out and have my shoes whitened and I gave one shoe to each of the 2 boys (although they fought over them both).  My Adidas shoes are very white now :)
Helping out my brothers..
In the afternoon, I went to the beach and soaked up the sun.  After the beach, I went over to my friend's place and we ate Dominican style marinated chicken and Arroz.  In the evening,  we all went to the disco.  Again, it was a La Bodega/Del Torro night out... good night dancing :)

Another night out at the disco.

No comments:

Post a Comment