Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 6: Crazy night of dancing!

Its Wednesday now. Last night was one of the most interesting dancing nights that ever happened in my life! It consisted of a bruised ego and the expenditure of vast amounts of energy dancing!

In the middle of town is a dance bar called La Bodega.  Bodega means cellar but in the Philippines it means storage shack or warehouse. They call dance bars discos or discotheques here. The disco started to really heat up really late like around midnight. I went in at around 11:30 and parked myself at a seat next to the dance floor. Almost immediately, like a swarm of killer bees, I was surrounded by very nice looking girls =D. They started talking to me with the usual small talk and I I danced with a few of them. Some of the didnt like being turned for some reason and asked me not to turn them. OK.. So after awhile they ask me if I want to dance in my room! Now why would I want to dance in my room I thought?! LOL, ok I get it now! La bodega is hookerville! I saw the pattern and noticed earlier that the hardcore dancers were dancing next to the stage area. So, I migrated to the other side of the bar. I had an awesome time dancing and made some good friends. When the bar closed at 2am, I headed out to another bar called Del Toro (the bull) with my new friends, where we danced until 3:30 in the morning! Que buena noche!



It prolly wasn't a good idea to dance so late because I needed to wake up at 7:30. I signed up for a tour to El Limon to see a waterfall. It's a quick 40 minute ride by guagua (bus). At 7:40, I was on my way. Today's guagua consisted of an small pickup truck, and I initially had a seat inside. I was sitting with all girls inside and the guys were outside in the back of the truck. It was only after we stopped for a pregnant lady and a small child that I moved to the back of the truck! It was a fun ride :) ... so much for safety here :) half way to my destination the truck was packed. There were 7 people sitting inside the truck and 8 people on the back. Oh ya.. plus the driver! I kid you not! :)

I arrived at the ranch where my tour started. The waterfall is about 3km in the mountains and I went up by mule. The waterfall was very beautiful, and I was able to swim a bit. The waterfall trip was ok, but not really my cup of tea. I paid 25$ for the tour and they fed me a traditional Dominican meal at the end. Not bad for a morning adventure.

 
El Limon waterfall.

My meal after the waterfall.
  When I got back to Las Terrenes, I met up my new friends that I met the night before at Laure's store.  Laure owns a shop where she sells recycled artwork like handbags made of old records.  There were a few of us there and we were standing in a circle when a bum catches my eye and starts asking me for money.  Laure says to me "hey.. don't open the circle.. you open the circle you let shit in..".  I closed the circle and noone bothered us again:).  Later that evening, we went to their place for some dancing and a BBQ.  They live in a big house with a pool.  There was Laure, Lisa, Valme and Marlene from France.  Carlito and Miguel were resident Dominicans.  Carlito was a dance instructor and can only speak french and spanish and not english. Their place reminded me of that show Big Brother with the setup. It was so much fun and we ate, drank and danced all night long there. I also tried to help them fix their wireless internet access; they wanted to extend the wireless range with an access point router. Kool night..

No comments:

Post a Comment